We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When is it easier to get pregnant?
It is easier to get pregnant during ovulation
Therefore if a woman is looking for a pregnancy it is necessary to know when will you ovulate.
Did you know that pregnancy rates are 30% when you have sex the day before or on the day of ovulation, and 10% if it is five days before ovulation?
How can you tell when you are ovulating?
To know the fertile days of a woman several methods can be used:
- Basal temperature
- Cervical mucus
- Ovulation test
The temperature method and the cervical mucus observation method are very reliable but require more effort on the part of the woman, while with ovulation tests, although they are more expensive, it is possible to know when ovulation is going to occur with a less effort.
What is the best method to know when you are ovulating?
In a study published in the journal Fertility and Sterility In the late 1990s, women used several of these methods to detect ovulation.
The results showed that:
- With the temperature method was precisely identified the ovulation day 30% of the time. Another 30% of the time this method identified ovulation one day before the day it actually occurred.
The day before ovulation is also a good time to get pregnant, so if you have had sexual intercourse on the date indicated by the temperature method, it is very likely that you will get pregnant, since both the day of ovulation like the day before, they are two of the two most fertile days of the month.
- Control of cervical mucus quality it also allows you to get fairly close to the date on which ovulation is occurring.
When the woman is ovulating, the cervical mucus is clear and elastic, with a texture similar to that of egg white. In this same study, by looking at cervical mucus, the researchers were able to detects ovulation date 50% of the time.
- The ovulation test measure the concentration of luteinizing hormone (LH), which is the hormone that stimulates follicle maturation and ovulation, so they are capable of detect with high reliability (almost 100%) the best day to get pregnant.
Once you have obtained a positive in these tests, ovulation will occur in the next 24-48 hours.
The tests are usually expensive and also the result is usually subject to many factors that can sometimes lead to commit misinterpretation of results.
Only by ultrasound can be determined with certainty when ovulation is occurring.
With the rest of the techniques, it is only possible to get as close as possible to the calculation of the moment that increases the chances of becoming pregnant.
So the most recommended is combine the results of multiple methods.
Have you used any of these methods? Tell us about your experience.
- Pregnancy tips
- How do I know if I'm pregnant
- Dream about pregnancy
- How to know when I am pregnant